Friday, August 20, 2010

The Jewel of Africa

Cape Town
This city sits itself on the beautiful west coast tip of South Africa. With the coast on one side and table mountain on the other, this thriving city definitely lives up to its name. The coastline is breathtaking and the people of this city greet us with open arms- literally. Whenever i met a woman she would greet me with a hug, it was wonderful.  


This sculpture was downtown, i not sure what to make of it.....

This is a dagwood, a Cape town must. it weighs as much as a small child, but it sure was tasty.
Contents: egg, polony, cheese, fries, lettuce, tomato, onion and chutney.
While we were eating our Dagwood....
guy: take a picture of me
us: why?
Guy: I need to be in your camera
us: um, ok
This is how he posed, we had a pretty good laugh afterwards.

Meet the Endley's ,This is the family that rusty baptized when he was a missionary here. They are a wonderful family and I really connected with them in my short time with them.


I bought a dress from this guy at a flea market, and we got him down to a pretty low price and he wasn't too happy about it, so i said i would tell all of my friends to buy dresses from him when they come here.


Meet Russell, He is named after Rusty. Rusty had such an impact on them that they named their child after him. pretty cool eh?

1 comments:

Talia said...

That guy is too funny that posed for you. Is that a wad of cash in his hand? So weird and random! I had a good laugh :)