Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Midsummer Night's Dream......

Stratford-Upon-Avon
Maybe because this was Shakespeare’s old stomping grounds that makes me so fascinated with this place. This old English town is incredible, it’s no wonder he wrote so beautifully. His surroundings must have given him inspiration. I absolutely loved this town, I know that I say for just about every place we have seen, but Stratford has a special place in my heart. The small town feel, with its old thatched roof houses took me back to the 1500s. The cobble stone streets made me feel like I wanted to pull out my fiddle and dance around. When I think about this place I smile, it was both beautiful and relaxing, and our pictures don’t give it justice. Enjoy.
-Chelsea

7am at the Luton-London Airport=me very tired 
This was the day that we arrived back in the UK a few days before we headed to Africa


                          Shakespeare's Home

The main Street

The River


The Church Shakespeare is buried in

These are carved in the seats where the monks/priests stand- it depicts a woman beating a man- showing that women are trouble

One of the First Printed King James Bibles

Shakespeare's Grave



2 comments:

Justin + kelly said...

YEAH!! I love living vicariously through your walk-about! Keep up the pictures.

Tommy and Monique Shelby said...

Pull out your fiddle and dance around. haha. beautiful!